By J. Jala, Marisol Bo-oc | 11:35 PM September 23, 2021

The wedding coordinator who was accused of scamming a newlywed couple from Minglanilla town in Cebu was arrested just hours after he tried to take his own life on Thursday, September 23, 2021.

Police Senior Master Sergeant Arvin Palunpon of the Basak Police Station in Mandaue City, said that the coordinator, identified as Naser Fuentes, was arrested in his rented apartment in Barangay Casili in Consolacion town around 4 p.m. on Thursday in a joint operation conducted by personnel from the station and the City Intelligence Unit.

Fuentes was now detained at the said station.

However, he clarified that the operation was conducted after a bench warrant was issued against Fuentes for his estafa case in 2013.

Earlier, Fuentes apologized and promised to return the money to the couple.

Cherry Pie Purisima said Fuentes through a phone call asked for forgiveness and promised to give them a refund.

Fuentes told Purisima that he ran out of time and was short on money to book the reception.

The couple had already paid Fuentes P65,000 but they could no longer contact him hours before the wedding. They later found out that the place where the reception is supposed to happen was not actually booked.

Actress and mom-trepreneur Neri Miranda took on social media, expressing that they will shoulder the reception of Purisima.

By Bohol Island News

Your reliable source of news and content in the island and the rest of Central Visayas and Mindanao.

Leave a Reply

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.