By Helen Castaño |12:28 AM April 28, 2022
A 30-year-old Austrian who was in Bohol for a honeymoon died after a bridge collapsed into a river in Loay town on Wednesday afternoon, authorities said.
The bridge collapsed as several vehicles- six four wheels, three tricycles, one dumptruck and two motorbikes were crossing, the local authorities said.
“There are four casualities and 20 survivors,” Anthony Damalerio, the provincial disaster risk reduction officer, told Bohol Island News late on Wednesday.
The body of Austrian national identified as Michael Ouschan was found in the river around 9 p. m. He and his wife Julia were in Bohol for a honeymoon.
Damalerio said the search and retrieval operation was stopped due to strong currents.
Loay Mayor Lahar Ayuban Jr said it was a sad day for Bohol.
We are SAD to inform the public that at 4:18 pm, Wednesday, April 27, 2022, Loay Clarin bridge collapsed.
As of 8:00 pm:
- Michael Ouschan – Austrian National
- Arniel Cilos – Bingag, Dauis, Bohol
- Emilia A. Gemina – Villalimpia, Loay
- Epifhany C. Onada – Tagbilaran City
- Hazel Avelez – Pateros
- Jopol Ancheta – Cavite
- Ralph Esma – Cebu City
- Dionesia Laolao – Panglao
- Luz Laolao – Panglao
- Louella Mercado – Alegria Sur, Loay
- Ronald Jesus Cruz Rojas – Canmanico, Valencia
- Alvin Acorda – Poblacion Ibabao, Loay
- Gerry Rellita – Catagbacan, Loon
- Julia Ouschan – Austria
- Digna Solis – Alegria Sur, Loay
- Alberto Manuel Dela Serna – Tagbilaran City
- Gian Arlo Gagni – Tagbilaran City
- Gemma De La Cruz – Bingag, Dauis
- Bonifacio Mefania – Bingag, Dauis
- Ian Aba-a – Concepcion, Loay
- Mariana Ysabelle Gemena – Villalimpia, Loay
- Junryle Malig-on – Albur
- Milanio Caberte Jr. – Agape, Loboc
- Samson Caberte – Agape, Loboc