By Marisol Bo-oc | 01:12 PM October 15, 2021

Annually, Bohol has been remembering the devastating earthquake that hit the island eight years ago today (Oct. 15).

At 8:12 a.m., bells in Bohol’s churches rang to mark the anniversary of a deadly magnitude-7.2 quake that devastated the province.

Horns and sirens of ambulances were also sounded for 33 seconds at that time to mark the tragedy.

The report said 8:12 a.m. was the time the strong quake hit Bohol last year.

A Mass was held at the St. Joseph Cathedral Shrine officiated by Tagbilaran Bishop Abet Uy.

In his homily, Uy said God reminds his people of his presence.

“Usahay kitang mga tawo uyugon arun makahinumdum sa atong panghinanglan sa Diyos. Dili ta mabuhi kung walay Diyos sa atong kinabuhi,” he said.

The 2013 earthquake killed at least 222 people, while 976 were injured and eight reported missing, the National Disaster Risk Reduction and Management Council said.

Thousands were displaced.

By Bohol Island News

Your reliable source of news and content in the island and the rest of Central Visayas and Mindanao.

Leave a Reply

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.