By J. Jala | 01:12 PM February 01, 2021

Two police officers were hospitalized due to suspected paralytic shellfish poisoning in Tagbilaran City.

Both police manifested symptoms of food poisoning after eating “kuja”, a popular delicacy in Tagbilaran on Sunday afternoon in Caingget Beach in Barangay Booy.

The victims experienced numbness, vomiting, and severe abdominal pain. They were rushed to the hospital for treatment.

According to Tagbilaran City Police Station (TCPS), the police officers who were from Inabanga and Valencia towns served as augmentation force at the station.

The Bureau of Fisheries and Aquatic Resources (BFAR) has issued several shelfish bulletins for the past months that the coastal waters of Dauis and Tagbilaran City have tested positive for paralytic shellfish poison (PSP).

BFAR has ordered no harvesting, no selling, no buying, and no eating of shellfish in the area.

By Bohol Island News

Your reliable source of news and content in the island and the rest of Central Visayas and Mindanao.

Leave a Reply

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

%d bloggers like this: