By J. Jala | 07:06 PM November 05, 2020
Panglao Mayor Leonila Montero. Photo: Montero FB

The Bohol Provincial Legal Office (PLO) on Thursday filed a complaint against Panglao Mayor Leonila Montero for alleged violation of Provincial Ordinance 2020-022 before the Office of the Provincial Prosecutor.

Provincial Legal Officer Nilo Ahat filed the complaint and accompanied by witnesses provincial disaster risk reduction and management officer Anthony Damalerio and Rjee Gift Lim, the provincial focal person of the Bohol Inter-Agency Task Force (BIATF).

Earlier, Col. Joselito Clarito, the BIATF Security Cluster head and the provincial director of the Bohol Police Provincial Office (BPPO), was tasked by Governor Arthur Yap to conduct an investigation. He recommended, in his report submitted to Yap, that Montero’s case should “be dropped and closed.”

However, the BIATF referred the case to the PLO.

Montero and company allegedly visited Cebu last September and came back home to Bohol without observing the proper health and medical protocols.

In an interview with local radio station dyTR last week, Montero said the case against her was a “demolition job” by her detractors.

If found guilty of the charges, Montero and her companions during the said trip would be meted P5,000 (each) as fine and not over a year of imprisonment or both at the discretion of the court for failure to follow health protocols as provided by the said ordinance.

By Bohol Island News

Your reliable source of news and content in the island and the rest of Central Visayas and Mindanao.

Leave a Reply

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.