Toddler bitten by Ugahipon died after days of confinement

The two-year-old girl who was bitten by a venomous snake last week had akready died.

Maricar Vicitacion of Barangay San Isidro in Tagbilaran City died last night at the Gov. Celestino Gallares Hospital where she is confined, according to report from local radio dyTR.

She received a total of 23 anti-venom shots since she was confined last Wednesday.

However, the victim wasn’t able to recover.

According to the accounts of her mother last week, they both went to a sari-sari store in the neighborhood when the incident happened.

They immediately rushed the toddler to the hospital in order to receive anti-venom.

The mother learned that her daughter was bitten by a snake locally known as “bahajun” or “ugahipon.”

Ugahipon, a Philippine cobra, could be found in many parts in the Visayas, including Bohol.

The Philippine cobra is the country’s most poisonous snake and it could live in open fields, human settlements and dense jungle.

Leave a Reply

%d bloggers like this: