Ella Montalban | Published on Nov. 5, 2021

 

A Facebook post from the Provincial Government of Bohol on Thursday afternoon indicated there was a consultation and votation to keep the said protocol in place. (Source: https://web.facebook.com/photo/?fbid=248407303997471&set=a.224003936437808)

 

The Safe, Swift, and Smart Passage (S-Pass) will continue to be a requirement for entry in the province of Bohol.

This was the announcement posted on the Facebook page of the Provincial Government of Bohol on Thursday afternoon.

According to the post, the decision to continue using the S-PASS came following the weekly meeting of the Bohol Inter-Agency Task Force (BIATF) that was held last Wednesday, November 3.

The result of the votes was 17 in favor of the S-PASS and 11 who were against it.

“For possible contact tracing uses at a later date, Mayors during the weekly BIATF meeting dated Nov. 3, voted to keep the S-PASS Registration in place. The DILG and Provincial Tourism Council concur with the Decision,” the post read.

In its caption, the provincial government indicated that the mayors deemed it necessary to keep such entry requirement as a “layer” to protect its constituents from the possible rise of COVID-19 cases.

“Sa BIATF meeting kauban anf atong mga Mayor, mga doktor ug ang pribadong sektor, mitaho nga adunay mga misuway ug sulod sa Bohol gamit ang peke nga mga PCR result ug bakuna card. Mao nga nasabutan nga ipabilin ang S-Pass para sa atong proteksyon,” the post further read.

S-PaSS is an online travel management system of the Department of Science and Technology used for domestic travel during the COVID-19 pandemic in the Philippines.

Last week, some passengers took to social media their disappointment after they were not able to board trips going to the island province even if they possess an approved S-PaSS.

Passengers whose names were not on the prior endorsement list were not allowed to board the trips.

A day after some posts of the said list went viral on social media, the provincial government lifted the endorsement requirement under Executive Order 52-B.

 

 

By Bohol Island News

Your reliable source of news and content in the island and the rest of Central Visayas and Mindanao.

Leave a Reply

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.