By Marisol Bo-oc | 09:57 AM September 22, 2020
Bohol Governor Arthur Yap issued Monday a statement on allegations involving a mayor who broke COVID-19 protocols.
The mayor allegedly visited Cebu last week and came back home to Bohol without observing the proper health and medical protocols.
However, Yap didn’t name the mayor in the statement.
Yap said he consulted the Bohol Inter-Agency Task Force on Emerging Infectious Diseases (BIATF-EID) – Security Cluster, headed by Colonel Joselito Clarito, director of the Bohol Provincial Police Office (BPPO) who informed him that he will make the appropriate findings.
“Let us allow him (Clarito) the latitude to do his work,” Yap said.
The mayor allegedly went to Marina Bay Seaview in Cebu to attend a dinner/ conference with a high-ranking official in the Philippine National Police and local officials in a Cebu town.