By J. Jala | 09:28 AM January 30, 2020
Dr. Jaime Bernadas, the regional head of the Department of Health (DOH) in Central Visayas said on Thursday that the 38-year-old female Chinese tourist, has a travel history in the cities of Cebu and Dumaguete, is currently confined in a hospital in Metro Manila.
Bernadas clarified that she is not among the two possible cases now being monitored in Central Visayas.
He said that the patient did not seek medical help while in Cebu or Dumaguete and is now in isolation in a hospital in Manila.
The 38-year-old female Chinese tourist is the first confirmed patient of the 2019 novel coronavirus (2019 n-CoV) in the country.
The woman from Wuhan City in China, the epicenter of the coronavirus outbreak, arrived in the Philippines on a tourist visa on January 21, DOH officials led by Secretary Francisco Duque III revealed in a press conference earlier this afternoon, Thursday, January 30.
The DOH is now closely coordinating with DOH-7 in tracing the places where she went and the persons she came in contact with so that they could also be monitored.