By Bohol Island News Staff | 01:15 PM November 16, 2019

A man from Carmen town suffered serious burns on his body after a fire engulfed his house on Thursday.

The victim was identified as Filomeno Buaya, 63, a resident of Nueva Sur.

According to his son Wilfredo, his father was cooking breakfast when he suddenly felt dizzy and accidentally shoved the dried coconut leaves and firewoods that caused the fire.

The blaze was reported at 7:30 a.m. and it partly burned the house.

Filomeno was able to shout for help and a relative came in to rescue him.

Buaya was taken to a hospital for treatment of his first-degree burns.

By Bohol Island News

Your reliable source of news and content in the island and the rest of Central Visayas and Mindanao.

Leave a Reply

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

%d bloggers like this: