By Bohol Island News Staff | 11:18 PM August 29, 2019
A two-year-old child is now safe after she was bitten by a venomous snake in Tagbilaran City, past 9 a.m. on Wednesday.
The child identified as Marimar Visitacion, of Barangay (village) San Isidro in Tagbilaran City,
is still confined at the Gov. Celestino Gallares Memorial Hospital.
According to the accounts of her mother, they both went to a sari-sari store in the neighborhood when the incident happened.
They immediately rushed the toddler to the hospital in order to receive anti-venom.
The mother learned that her daughter was bitten by a snake locally known as “bahajun” or “ugahipon.”
Ugahipon, a Philippine cobra, could be found in many parts in the Visayas, including Bohol.
The Philippine cobra is the country’s most poisonous snake and it could live in open fields, human settlements and dense jungle.