By Marisol Bo-oc | 10:03 PM May 18, 2021

A 95-year-old grandmother is seeking help online after she accidentally burned her savings worth P14,000.

A Facebook user named SarahLie Gahis De Guzman shared the heartbreaking photos of her 95-year-old grandmother Hinorata Gahis who accidentally burned her bundle of cash savings as “panggatong.”

“Sa di inaasahang pangyayare ay naigatong o nasunog po ang kanyang pera 14,000 mahigit po,” wrote Guzman who posted photos of cash bundle contained mostly P1, 000 bills and were severely damaged by the fire.

Guzman sought help from Kapuso Mo Jessica Sojo for her grandmother.

She said that her grandma accidentally threw the bundle of money into the fire and left it there for a few minutes while she was cooking rice.

The post went viral online with over 2,500 reactions and 2,000 shares.

Guzman and Lola Honorata hope that the Bangko Sentral ng Pilipinas would replace the damaged bills.

“S[a]na po mailapit ito sa bangko sentral ng Pilipinas k[u]ng ito po ay p[we]de pang mapalitan… d[a]hil sya po ay nagsasaing ng mga oras n[a] n[an]gyari po ‘yon,” Guzman wrote.

By Bohol Island News

Your reliable source of news and content in the island and the rest of Central Visayas and Mindanao.

Leave a Reply

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.