By J. Jala | 09:52 PM September 14, 2020
Bohol provincial Capitol.

Bohol Gov. Art Yap reported 10 coronavirus disease (Covid-19) cases on Monday night, Sept. 14, 2020.

On a Facebook post, Yap said there were four locals stranded from Candijay and one each from Dimiao, Calape and Loboc tested positive for SARS Cov2, the coronavirus that causes COVID-19.

One resident from San Miguel, one resident from Talibon town and one resident from Carmen town were also infected of the virus.

San Miguel Mayor Virgilio Mendez said the new case was a local transmission.

“We recently received PCR test with COVID19-positive from our laboratory, very disturbing Indeed as it appears to be a locally transmitted infection,” Mendez said on a Facebook post.

He said the local government of San Miguel declared the patient’s residence as “critical zone” while the 500-m radius is declared as containment area and outside this area is our buffer zone.

San Miguel Mayor Virgilio Mendez.

Contact tracing was conducted by health authorities.

Mendez said immediate members of the patient’s family will undergo swabbing for PCR tests, while the positive individual will be brought to the isolation facility soonest.

“Please be informed further to take extra precaution and to report immediately those who are manifesting symptoms as COVID-infected (cough, sore throat, diarrhea, fever, loss of taste) please report to your nearest BHERTs or our medical frontliners,” he said.

San Miguel town previously recorded one Covid-19 death.

Bohol now has 38 active cases, 221 recovered cases and 8 deaths.

By Bohol Island News

Your reliable source of news and content in the island and the rest of Central Visayas and Mindanao.

Leave a Reply

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.