Bohol Island News Staff | Posted on April 28,2020

A total of 17 Boholano overseas Filipino workers (OFWs) have already arrived in Bohol earlier this morning.
Lt. Jr. Grade Erick Salcedo, spokesman of the Philippine Coast Guard in Central Visayas (PCG-7), confirmed their arrival at the Tagbilaran Port at 4:50a.m.
Salcedo said quoting a report from their Coast Guard Station in Bohol that they were part of the group of OFWs who were facilitated by the Overseas Workers Welfare Administration (OWWA) to get a clearance from the Provincial Emergency Management Administration (PEMA) to cross and enter Bohol province.
Upon their arrival, these 17 OFWs were picked up by Tarsier 911 and brought to a quarantine facility.
They were escorted by the police while in transit to the site.
Earlier, Bohol Gov. Arthur Yap signed an Executive Order (EO) that instituted the measures for the arrival of repatriated OFWs in the province.
One of the provisions under the EO is that they will undergo a mandatory 14-day quarantine at the said facility and swab samples will also be taken from them for confirmatory testing.
Only after completing the quarantine period will they be given clearance by health officials in the province and allowed to go home provided that their swab samples will also yield negative results.