By PR |03:52 PM December 02, 2019
At least six policers facing administrative charges and waived their rights to appeal their case got their dismissal papers, Police Regional Office 7 (PRO7) Director Brigadier General Val de Leon said Monday.
“They failed or maybe they don’t intend to appeal anymore their administrative case after repeated notices to do so. So, I signed their dismissal papers from the service last week,” de Leon said.
The dismissed police officers are Master Sergeant Jerry Macabudbud; Corporal Raymonito Panoh Mesa; and Patrolmen Joseph Sala Tabotabo, Frances Dinglasa Maucesa and Edmund Barry Tabar Pizarra.
All dismissed personnel were formerly assigned with the Regional Personnel Holding and Accounting Section (RPHAS) of PRO7 while facing administrative charges for Grave Neglect of Duty.
Their firing from the police service was recommended by Colonel Julius Cesar Gornez, former Regional Personnel Records and Management Division (R1) chief and now acting provincial police director of Siquijor.
De Leon said all benefits were forfeited for the dismissed officers.
During his assumption as director of PRO7 in October, de Leon warned all police personnel and non-uniformed personnel involved and continue to be involved in illegal activities and criminal acts.
“I will not think twice to sign your dismissal order if you are found guilty or you continue your illegal activities such as drugs and other criminal acts. Policemen like you have no place in the organization,” de Leon said.
This was the mantra of de Leon to all his subordinates in the region during his inspection to all police forces to check their operational readiness.
PRO7 composed of the provinces of Cebu, Bohol, Siquijor, and Negros Oriental and the independent cities of Cebu, Lapu-Lapu and Mandaue.