By Bohol Island News Staff |01:00 AM October 26, 2019
Takyang

A six-year-old boy from Maribojoc town, who swallowed a “tingga” (lead metal), is finally recovering after a horrific ordeal and emergency surgery.

Josh (not his real name) was rushed to the Gov. Celestino Gallares Memorial Hospital after his sister realized he had swallowed the “tingga.”

The “tingga” was used for “takyang”, a game where players aimed at keeping a shuttlecock-like object from hitting the ground.

His sister narrated that while they were about to sleep on Thursday night, Josh was playing the takyang and accidentally swallowed it.

An X-ray result confirmed that the “tingga” was lodged in the child’s esophagus when he was brought to the hospital.

He immediately underwent emergency surgery to remove the metal object.

By Bohol Island News

Your reliable source of news and content in the island and the rest of Central Visayas and Mindanao.

Leave a Reply

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.