Bohol Island News Staff \ Posted at 11:01 p.m., Sept. 4, 2019
Dengue cases in Bohol province continue to rise with figures hitting the 3,000 – mark before the month of August ended.
According to the data provided by the Regional Epidemiology and Surveillance Unit (RESU) in Central Visayas, Bohol province has recorded 3,164 cases from January 1 to Aug. 31.
This is 302.03 percent higher compared to the same period in 2018, where there were only 787 cases recorded.
Last week, Bohol Island News (BIN) received a report that there were five children who were admitted at the Gov. Celestino Gallares Hospital in Tagbilaran City for suspected dengue.
Another 10 patients, with ages ranging from four to 45 years old, were also confined that same week. Most of them were said to be experiencing recurring fever.
Tagbilaran City and Loon town rank second and third in the number of dengue deaths in the region.
Tagbilaran has seven (7) recorded deaths while Loon has six (6). These deaths were recorded from January 1 to Aug. 31.
In spite of these numbers, the province is still at the alert threshold level.
The Department of Health Center for Health Development in Region 7 (DOH-CHD-7) has continued to urge the local government units (LGUs) to intensify their campaign on implementing the 4 o’clock habit in every home and community in the region to combat the possible rise of dengue cases here.
DOH-CHD-7 Regional Director Jaime Bernadas said this is one way to address it.
“Manglimpyo sa mga sagbot. Manglimpyo sa mga siot sa atong palibot,” he added.